Another year begins. Another 366 days of happiness, triumphs, celebrated failures, lessons learnt, and a lot more to look forward to. Surprisingly, I did not consciously make a list of “New Year Resolutions.” For what 2015 taught me is that I knew myself better than I did the past years. While there are still mysterious boxes about myself that needs to be revealed, I know I am at this stage of my life, at least, that I know what I am made of.
- I am still single, and I don’t give a sh*t (well, sometimes, I still do, but it’s becoming seldom now)
- I am becoming more secure about myself, unafraid of what I don’t know, and feel okay with it (because, it’s okay not to know everything).
- One of the most beautiful feeling is to let go of things that you cannot change. Acceptance is the key.
- That you can’t love unconditionally. You need to feel loved to refill your tank. And it’s not called “expecting,” you just simply deserve it.
- That in cases when you don’t feel that “love,” you think you deserve, sometimes, you need to love yourself first (‘yung buong-buo ka. the kind of love that makes you not become hard on yourself. Not to that extent).
- Nothing can beat kindness and humility.
- Prayer, hard work, perseverance, and dedication gets you through your seemingly difficult assignment.
- In difficult assignments, you just have to close your eyes and take the leap. Pray and believe that this, too, shall pass.
- Be in a company of good-natured colleagues, who share the same core value that you have — right science with humanity.
- It’s okay to assert your opinion.
And with these, some promises I made to myself for 2016:
- To never forget my dream. For now, it looks blurred, but I need to search for it again.
- To remember that there are a million paths to trudge, but God’s path is the one that will work best. Pray even harder for discernment
- To not feel afraid to celebrate failure. But be sure to learn from mistakes.
- To be brave enough to take risks.
- To open up a little bit more; trust enough to let people take a peek of your heart.
- To find ways to reignite passion.
- To remember that love comes in all forms and inspirations.
- To think more before I speak. But do not forget to be spontaneous.
- To not forget the little prince that resides within me. And always go to my Asteroid B-52.
- To no purge my friends list, but maybe put them back into “acquaintance list.”A fresh start.
- Give back, in the best way you know how.
- To remember that love for thyself is not equivalent to complacency.
- To remember my uniqueness is the reason why I am here and this will take me further
- To reflect on what is essential in the next 10 years… and remind myself to plan for 2017 (before my contract ends).
Happy New Year to me. I will turn 35 this year and I am not dreading it. I’m claiming it will be a special year.